While the professional sport of golfing lacks the physical action and noise of team sports like hockey and football, it challenges its players to combine their sustained physical power with careful calculations and intense concentration. To get a leg up on your competition, check out this selection of golfing tips and tricks.
7 Golf Tips You Don’t Want to Miss
- Create your own Zone. Golf is a game that is all about focus and patience. In order to get the low score you are looking for, you will need to block out those around you, focus on where you are on the course and the conditions you face. When it comes to setting up your shot, you need to use patience to take your time and get it right the first time.
- Calibrate your Lenses. If you play in sunny weather, take the time to practice full swings and putts with your sunglasses on. When lining up a put or taking a full swing, wearing non-prescription sunglasses can cause just enough of a perception shift to cause a shot to go astray. Practice with your shades on to make sure your score doesn’t suffer from your need to protect your eyes.
- Take Golf 101. Learn how to play golf! If you’re asking, “Does this mean lessons, driving range time, or lots of time on the course?”- Yes. This is not only a fun and rewarding sport but in the business world it is an acceptable way to meet and communicate with clients and co-workers. You may lose out on a lot of connections if you don’t feel comfortable enough to go out on the course.
- Keep your Eye on the Ball. You should keep your eye on the ball when you are taking a shot when golfing. Many new golfers tend to want to see where their ball is going and will actually miss the ball because they take their eyes off of it. You will be able to hit the ball further if you keep your eye on it when hitting it.
- Tweak your Head and Shoulder Action. You must be sure to position your shoulders properly for your golf swing, because the turn of your shoulder determines how well your hit plays out. Additionally, you should avoid raising or dipping your head while swinging. Your head should stay level to give you the greatest accuracy in your swing.
- Position the Ball for the Putt. When you are putting, be sure to place the ball between your leading foot and the middle of your posture. By putting the ball here, you have a better chance of having the club face square at impact, thus getting the ball to go exactly where you want it to.
- Get into shape! Golfers also need to keep up their fitness in order to drive the ball farther! You should consider adopting a workout routine that works your entire body, as well as some exercises that will increase your balance. You need to have proper posture when you are out on the rolling golf course, so be flexible!
Ready to Tee off! A timeless game like golf, has much to offer in the way of problem-solving, focus, and movement. It is a sport with a distinguished history and a roster of colorful characters and cultural connotations. The next time you prepare to tee off, remember the information that you have just read and consider how you can use it to improve your game.
A Defining Look: Looking to tune-up your look on the golf course? Let Team Mantra create a look that defines you.